Past 9th and 10th May, HSLF hosted a Global Perspectives training, for an international group of teachers and principals, who are interested in implementing the programme next school year.
During the training, Mrs Rebeca López shared HSLF experience in the introduction of the programme in our school, how teachers and students are responding to the different challenges and the learning outcomes.
Global Perspectives is an innovative and stimulating skill-based programme that places academic study in a practical, real-world context.
It gives students the opportunity to develop transversal skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, research, communication and collaboration that they need to be successful at school and university as well as in their future careers.
The programme offers valuable opportunities to reinforce links with skills learnt in English, Science, Maths, ICT and other subjects.
The emphasis is on developing students ability to think critically about a range of global issues where there is always more than one point of view.
HSLF decided to introduce the GP Programme gradually in the Primary Stage in Sept. 2018. We are the first school in Spain to implement the programme.
Why Cambridge Primary Global Perspectives in HSLF?
The changing nature of work:
- Labour markets are changing globally.
- Work environments are increasingly technology-rich.
- Problems that workers face are not clear.
- People are increasingly working in teams to solve these problems.
- Social skills for the future.
There is an increasing requirement for:
- Analysing the credibility and utility for information.
- Evaluating its appropriateness.
- Intelligently applying information.